Thursday, February 25, 2010

Puppies big and small

There's never too many shots of Bambi, of course. And being that she thinks she's a puppy still, well, it was only fitting that she not be left out.

Amber and I went walking the other day and she was so excited following us, bucked and tossed her head, ran in between us, getting ahead, then falling back, being playful the whole time. I could tell she made Amber nervous, acting like she could throw us out of her way if she had a mind to, but instinctively being gentle at the last minute. A little scolding now and then settled her down. She just thinks she's a big ol' puppy but I can't help thinking she looks like that big old killer whale that turned on its' trainer in Orlando. Respect is deserving of an animal that large that doesn't know its own strength or its size, or intentions.

Then there's Darla's puppies. Cute as can be and one has already found a home. Amber and Camaron have also decided to keep Petey, the beige one. The hawks that have been hanging around lately seem to be scoping out their favorites as well, though they've kept their distance. (Maybe they're looking at the chicken coop.)

The fluffy one with his tongue hanging out has been visiting inside lately. He's been nice company for me and I named him "Bear." He's been nice to visit with after work when all's quiet after coming home. It's been a long week so I'll indulge myself until they all find homes.

Tomorrow I'm off and another snow storm is rolling in (oh joy) but Amber will be coming over and we'll get some business taken care of. She'll finally get a phone and we'll get Cassie her own phone too. Amber's getting excited about growing a garden this year. I think it will be a good one. Maybe it will take this time with a little help and someone to to give me some incentive.

Well, eating some dinner, watch some olympics then off to bed. Hope you all have a good night!

Sandy



No comments:

Post a Comment