Monday, March 1, 2010

Glorious Sunshine!

The last couple of days have been nice enough after work to get out and actually enjoy the weather. Darla and Bambi were excited to get out walking again too. Darla still thinks of herself as the mom that needs to groom Bambi, or she was giving her a big kiss, I'm not sure which.

Work has been too hectic and busy lately so after getting home I grabbed a fishing pole and headed for one of the ponds, immediately followed by a prancing and bucking cow, Darla and a herd of puppies bravely trying to tag along. Most of the puppies retreated before getting that far though.

Bambi was playfully tossing her head, running around me like a little puppy then lovingly leaned against me for a good scratching and hugs. I love having such a tame cow! As we walk she'll nudge me from behind trying to hurry me up. She wouldn't leave the fishing chair alone and after knocking it over several times scratching her head on it, I gave up trying to keep my beer in the cup holder.

She followed me all along the banks as cast after cast only came up with moss on the lure. The water was completely still except for my half attempts at fishing so this just wasn't a day they were biting. I was just content enjoying a sunny, almost warm winter day for a change. And the company of course. The hawks that have been hanging out were keeping their distance. Cardinals are getting thicker as spring approaches though they haven't found the new bird feeder. Though it seems to be Sharon's favorite place to sit.

Wild onions are coming up all around and the grass is trying to in between snowstorms. Hopefully spring will be here soon. The drawback is that is the busiest time at work but that's okay. Makes the days go by faster. Speaking of work, time to get to it again. Amber just got here and will spend the week with me. It will be nice. Randall is back to trying to get divorce proceedings going with his wife. He's finally figuring out she likes the freedom to play around and having someone to take care of her at the same time. Cassie has been quiet since she's started classes in Florida but she'll be home soon. By then the boys next door will be out and hopefully Amber, Camaron can share the place with Cassie. It will be good to have the kids close again. It's been awfully quiet here lately.

Well, hope everyone has a good day!



No comments:

Post a Comment