Friday, April 23, 2010

Arts Festival

OMG! What a wonderful day! Still more pictures to share but Amber and I went to the Oklahoma City Arts festival today. The weather couldn't have been better, it was almost hot in the afternoon.

We got there around lunchtime and had umpteen food booths to choose from! I've had my heart set on trying something curry since I've never had it before so chose the Indian food booth. Amber tried the Orient Express booth and we both shared with each other.

The smells were amazing! The crowds were incredible for a Friday with all the downtown workers infiltrating during the lunch hour. The only seating we found was next to a homeless guy who talked to himself but was quite harmless. My food was good but really too much for my appetite so I went to throw the rest away and that's when William stopped me. He said, "No..no..wait.. if you're going to throw it away I'll take it!" So I gave it to him and apologized for not thinking to offer him any before. He shook my hand and asked my name and said his name was William. He thanked me and I patted his shoulder.

Me and Amber went back to the food booths and bought him a gyro so he'd have something to eat later. I offered him cigarettes but he said no thank you, he still had some. And that smile he gave me made the whole day worthwhile on top of it all...

The people wandering around were awesome to look at. The art booths geared to the wealthy so I didn't come home with any souveneers this time. But Amber and I had a $7 glass of wine together (I thought I was buying a bottle and she said under her breath that it was per cup!) Oh well...She didn't like her Merlot so I traded her for my Reisling. It was nice she was driving.

The wind art is one of my favorite inspirations! Especially in this windy area and working at Lowes I always want to make a try at sculpting wind art. It can be done ... it's all in the balance..

Stopped at a Sam's Club on the way home, stocked up on groceries. The sun is just now setting... No tornadoes in our area for the time being (the season is here!) Hoping to go to San Antonio in June and check out the Riverwalk, Japanese Gardens and maybe the Alamo.

Aaaahhh...today was really a good day...

Hope yours is as well!

Sandy





No comments:

Post a Comment